On 5th - 8th
of September 2013 in Illichivsk near Odessa, Ukraine will take place International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 dedicated to the architectural development of the coastal area.
During the festival will be held Open Young Architects Design Competition - The Best architectural and town planning concept of modernization, development and improvement of the coastal territory of the city of Illichivsk.
This year's International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 slogan is "Coast of Dreams. Coast of Hope". In the program more than 10 thematic exhibitions of the participating countries, scientific conference "Coastal landscape - the basis of socio-economic development of the region", presentations and master classes by leading architects, tours of new building objects of Illichivsk and Odessa, Illichivsk Yacht Regatta of Mayor's Cup with participation of architects and guests of the festival.
One of the main events will be the awarding of winners of the open competition for young architects "In the best architectural concept for the organization of small ports with integrated service "Port Point".
The initiators of the festival are invited to participate in the festival and competition of architects of Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, Georgia, Poland, Czech Republic, Serbia and Turkey.
The results of International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 will be donated to interested organizations in order to use them in the future in the development of regional plans and programs including the development of tourism in Ukraine.
International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 Aims
- modern ecological, urban planning, architectural design and development of coastal and island areas
- creation of a full-fledged eco-recreational environment
- attracting the attention of state, municipal and non-governmental organizations to the prospects of the development of coastal and island areas
- the worldwide development of water tourism and the creation of its infrastructure
- promoting an active lifestyle
- promote the introduction of new innovative technologies for the development of coastal areas
- attracting the attention of investors, designers, builders, manufacturers of materials, products and technologies to new ideas and perspectives of development of the coastal area
International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 Program
September 5, 2013
Arrival date. Meeting point for the guests and participants of the festival at the Architect House in Odessa (Pushkinskaya st., 12)
15:00 and 19:00 -
Departure from the House of Architect to Hotel "Black Sea Bugaz"
September 6, 2013
Departure from the hotel
Registration Press Conference
The Grand Opening of the festival
Presentation of the exhibitions works. Free time (guided tour, lunch)
Departure to the hotel
Registration of the Conference participants
Scientific Conference on the topic: "Coastal landscape-the basis and socio-economic development of the region"
The continuation of the Conference "Coastal landscape-the basis of cultural and socio-economic develpment of the region"
Festive dinner to celebrate the opening of the festival
September 7, 2013
Departure to Illichivsk
Closing Ceremony. Announcement of the competition and regatta's results
Departure to the hotel
Festive dinner on the occasion of the closing ceremony
September 8, 2013
Master Classes, lectures
Depatrure to Odessa. Guided tour of Odessa
Open Young Architects Design Competition "The Best architectural and town planning concept of modernization, development and improvement of the coastal territory of the city of Illichivsk"
Open Young Architects Design Competition Objectives
- To identify the best architectural planning and design ideas for the conservation and development of
natural and man-made urban coastal areas
- The main objective of the contestants is to suggest the original concept design showing a modern,
innovative approach to integrated development of coastal areas with elements of tourist infrastructure
- The competition is open. Eligibility: Any professionally certified (diplomaed) architect under the age of
35 years (and architects teams) who have accepted the program terms for participation and is
registered is welcome to participate!
- Contestants are eligible to participate in all activities undertaken within the framework of International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013
Open Young Architects Design Competition Program
Contestants in their sole discretion to determine the composition and the manner of submission of
the project with the necessary accompanying drawings that explain the idea of the authors. The main
materials for the design are derived from a fragment of the territory of the city of Illichivsk along
Black Sea coast incorporated in the project assignment.
Open Young Architects Design Competition Conditions
- The Competition designs should be fulfilled in computer-graphics and delivered by e-mail fully
configured and prepared for the printout on one panel, sizes 800 х 1200 (height) mm
- For anonymity purposes the designs should be delivered under a six-figured code (height 10 mm)
placed in the right upper corner of all the materials presented for the Competition
- The Competition
materials should be supplemented by an envelope with the abovementioned code on the outside and
inside the envelope there should be all the information about the author or authors team (authors’ full
names, tel. numbers, home addresses, passports data, percentage distribution of the prize between the
authors team members)
- The deadline for receiving the participants entries is August 11, 2013. The entries should be
presented by the filled in Registration Form to the e-mail address
- The Competition Organizers will output (type-out) the exhibition materials (panels, banners) for the
- The files with Competition projects should be sent to Internet share sites. The received link should be sent to the address and include all the contact data
and code number of the project.
Requirements for the files: pdf, jpg, size 1:1, with resolution from 150 to 350 dpi, without any data
International Architectural Festival Eco-Shore 2013 in Illichivsk near Odessa, Ukraine
Union of Moscow Architects (UMA), South Architectural Society, UMA Partners Club
Hotel "Black Sea Bugaz"