The first Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations
On in Kyiv took place the first Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations - Prypyat Clinic, Institute for Nuclear Energy, Comunist Party Headquaters, Hotel Polissya and more.
The first tour was organized by original Soviet bus LAZ-697 "Tourist" with visit of Chernobyl HBO Filming Locations from diffrent episodes. Unique impression was created by the actor dressed in chemical protection suit and gas mask performing decontamination of LAZ-697 and UAZ-469.
In the future there are plans to organize Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations by Soviet Jeep UAZ-469 and Limousine ZIM. Also the fastest way to look Chernobyl HBO Filming Locations in Kyiv is by use of Kiev Metro.
Chernobyl HBO Episode №1
Prypyat Clinic, Prypyat
- Institute of Hydrobiology, Heroiv Stalinhrada Ave, 12, Kyiv
Chernobyl HBO Episode №2
Byelarussian Institute for Nuclear Energy, Minsk
- Mosaic "Blacksmiths of the Present" of Institute for Nuclear Research, Nauky Ave, 47, Kyiv
- Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, Politekhnichna St, 33, Kyiv and Academic Building 9, Politekhnichna St, 35, Kyiv
Byelarussian Comunist Party Headquaters, Minsk
- Biology And Medicine Institute Science Educational Center Of Taras Shevchenko National University Of Kyiv, Akademika Hlushkova Ave, 2, Kyiv
Hotel Polissya, Prypyat
- Igor Sikorsky Kyiv Polytechnic Institute, KPI House of Culture and Academic Building 7, Peremohy Ave, 37, Kyiv
Evacuation buses from Prypyat
- Dam of Kiev Reservoir, approximate coordinates: 50°36'31.5"N 30°32'02.6"E (50.608742, 30.534061)
Chernobyl HBO Episode №3
Trucks with Soldiers
- Kostiantynivska St, 60, Kyiv
Chernobyl HBO Episode №4
Lomonosov Moscow Univercity Library
- Vernadsky National Library Of Ukraine, Holosiivskyi prospekt, 3, Kyiv
Lyudmila Ignatenko Winter Scene (not included in the tour program)
- Liskivska St, 28, approximate coordinates: 50°31'44.0"N 30°35'44.6"E (50.528890, 30.595717)
Chernobyl HBO Episode №5
Model of Reactor №4 at Chernobyl court
- Ukrainian National Chornobyl Museum, Khoryv Lane, 1, Kyiv
Legasov in Moscow, March, 1987
- Bohdana Khmelnytskoho St, 7, Kyiv and Tereshchenkivska St, 1
Following the itinerary of Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations there is one more attraction that is not in the film and very interesting to look.
On the background of Mosaic "Blacksmiths of the Present" (1974, authors Galina Zubchenko and Grigory Pryshedko) of Institute for Nuclear Research is ventilation pipe of Kiev Research Reactor VVR-M (Water-Water, 10 MW, work since 12.12.1960).
Welcome to Kyiv and Ukraine!
Organizers of Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations
Tourism & Promotion Department of Kyiv City State Administration
Kyiv Tour of Chernobyl HBO Series Filming Locations
Information about Kiev Hotels, Hostels, Restaurants, Supermarkets on Kiev Map