of December 2015 in Kiev City Council considered project of Kiev Tourism Development Program 2016-2018 - base document on plans and expenditures of Kiev budget for tourism development.
In 2016-2018 expected to allocate Kiev budget of more than 133 million hryvnia (about 5.32 million US dollars):
- 2016 - 47 million hryvnia (about 1.88 million US dollars)
- 2017 - 44.5 million hryvnia (about 1.78 million US dollars)
- 2018 - 42 million hryvnia (about 1.68 million US dollars)
Kiev Tourism Potential
Kiev as the capital of Ukraine is the most attractive and popular tourist destinations of the country. Kiev has favorable economic and geographical location because it is located at intersection of railway networks, highways and airways that is very important for development of foreign economic and cultural relations.
Kiev has one of the country's largest historic and cultural potential. On its territory there are over 2000 monuments of history and culture. Among them 39 - of international importance including built in XI-XII centuries St Sophia Cathedral and Complex of Buildings of Kiev-Pechersk National Historical and Cultural Reserve (Kiev-Pechersk Lavra) which listed in World Heritage Sites List.
Registry of Cultural Heritage in Kiev includes 380 monuments, 23 archeological sites, 25 historic sights and 9 monumental art attractions.
In the city are more than 100 museums including 32 museums of municipal subordination (fund of more than 2 million exhibits), 33 theaters and theatrical studios, 53 religious buildings, 141 libraries, 19 concert organizations, circus.
In Kiev there are 194 accommodation facilities which include 157 hotels (29% of all hotels in Ukraine). In tourism market involved over 2500 businesses (24% of the total tourism businesses in Ukraine).
Because of good geopolitical location Kiev is opened for foreign tourists. Therefore every year it is visited by at least 1.5 million of foreign nationals.
Kiev Tourism Program Key Goals in 2016-2018
Kiev City State Administration in close cooperation with private tourism sector and active community plans to use advanced European experience and implement modern technological solutions in Kiev tourism development.
Development of tourism brand and image of Kiev in tourism sector include:
- Development of tourism marketing program in Kiev
- Development and implementation of tourism ID-card guests of Kiev
visitors to display tourist sites, museums, pay for transportation services
- Development, production and acquisition of promotional advertising and information printed materials of Kiev tourism opportunities
- Publication of guidebook "My Kyiv"
- Organization of advertising of Kiev tourism opportunities in local and international mass media
- Development and production of souvenirs, including logo of Kiev city ("Kyiv - the city where it all starts")
- Creation and publication of a calendar of events in Kiev
- Production of promotional videos about Kiev including informational movies and documentaries
- Promotion and modernization of Kiev online travel portal
- Promotion of tourism page of Kiev (http://kyiv.travel) on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and others)
- Creation and support of mobile applications "Kyiv Mobile Guide"
- Production and installation of 3D-structures of Kiev logo including all major airports and train stations
Development and improvement of Kiev tourism infrastructure:
- Installation and advertising-information support of municipal Tourist Information Center on Independence Square
- Construction and maintenance of parkings for excursion transport with appropriate road signs and markings
- Installation of new and updating existing pointers to tourism objects translated into foreign languages (English)
- Installation of new and upgrade existing stands with route-mapping and tourist information in foreign languages (English)
- Improvement and construction of recreational areas in Hydropark
- Development of tourist route "Everything starts in Kyiv"
- Construction of pedestrian areas and tourist attractions in Independence Square. Khreshchatyk Str., St. Sophia Square and St. Michael's Square
- Construction of bicycle tourism infrastructure
Promotion of Kiev tourism potential abroad includes:
- Participation of Kiev Tourism Information Center in international exhibitions abroad including international and national tourist exhibitions, showrooms and fairs: UITT, UITM, ITB, BIT, EIBTM, WTM, The New York Times Travel Show, IMEX, TT Warsaw, MATKA, ADVENTUR, Baltour, ExpoBatumi, COTTM, Poznan and others
- Organization of promotional and informational tours for representatives of tourism industry of other countries
- Information support of press tours of international journalists in Kiev
- Conducting of annual action sports and health tourism (championships, competitions, relay races and others)
- Creation of tourist missions abroad to popularize tourist, business, cultural, informative, entertaining possibilities in Kiev
- Prepare and conduct activities for World Tourism Day and Tourism Day in Ukraine
- Organization of international cooperation with World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)
Development of event tourism:
- Organization of international musical event Atlas Weekend
- Organization of New Year and Christmas villages in Kiev
- Organization of event "New Year on Sophia Square"
- Development of festival program "12 events in Kyiv"
- Days of Harley-Davidson in Kiev
- Festival "Easter Egg Paradise"
- Days of Kiev Abroad
- Organisation of Europe Day in Kiev
- Organisation of art and photo exhibitions about Kiev at international airports of the largest tourist cities
- Organisation of Embroidery Festival
- Organization of cross-promotion of Kiev city with tourist destination in Ukraine and abroad
Kiev Tourism Development Program 2016-2018 will create conditions for improvement of services for tourists, upgrade infrastructure and provide:
- Increase tourist flows to Kiev of 2.5 million toursists
- Increase the average length of stay of tourists in Kiev to 4 days
- Improving the image of Kiev
- Attracting local and foreign investment in tourism sector in Kiev
- Development of tourist infrastructure
- Interaction with other regions of Ukraine for mutual development of tourism sector
Organizers of Kiev Tourism Development Program 2016-2018
Kiev City Council