22.10.2021 in Zaporizhzhia, Ukraine present Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 for 1-3 patients with class C medical equipment, stretchers, turntable device for stretchers, oxygen supply system.
The new air ambulance twin engine helicopter flew under command of Motor Sich Airlines pilots Oleksandr Chesak and Oleksandr Dovzhenko to Helipad of Zaporizhia Regional Clinical Hospital for the presentation.
As Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 has side left door Motor Sich designed special turntable device for stretchers which let more easy to transport a patient on stretchers to the ambulance van.
Time of ferry flight of the air ambulance helicopter from base Zaporizhzhia Internationational Airport (OZH) to Helipad of Zaporizhia Regional Clinical Hospital is just 3 minutes.
Flying range of Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 with external fuel tanks is around 800 km. It means that the helicopter could help patients in range of 350 km from Zaporizhzhia or around 2 hours flight one way.
Actual "golden hour" (one hour one way flight) of 180 km from Zaporizhzhia will be available for patients in Zaporizhzhia, Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava, Kharkiv and Donetsk regions.
Team of professional paramedics are on duty 24 hours 7 days a week in Zaporizhzhia Internationational Airport (OZH) to fly by Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 and save patients lifes.
Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 Characteristics
- possibility of round-the-clock duty: day and night flights in different weather conditions, presence of an anti-icing system
- twin engine helicopter with engines AI-450M-V (430 hp per each engine), fuel consumption of both engines - around 200 - 210 liters (160 - 170 kg) per hour of Jet A-1 (TS-1) fuel
- modern glass cockpit
- configuration of the cabin provides the ability to install medical equipment which corresponds to equipment of a class C ambulance (reanimobile)
- helicopter hangar-free storage
- ability to work in mountainous areas
Helicopter equipment for aeromedical evacuation includes:
- turntable device for stretchers
- set of medical equipment of class C ambulance (reanimobile)
- power supply system (medical devices 220V sockets)
- oxygen supply system
- space for backpacks and suitcases with medical equipment
- air conditioning system
- interior lighting system (6 ceiling shadowless LED lamps)
We hope that Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 become available in other regions of Ukraine in addition to helicopters Eurocopter EC-145 of State Emergency Service of Ukraine.
Organizers of Air Ambulance Helicopter Mi-2MSB-1 Service
Motor Sich Joint Stock Company
Zaporizhia Regional Clinical Hospital