19th - 20th
of May 2018 in Expocenter VDNG will be held Kyiv Food and Wine Festival - the first wine gastronomic festival in Kiev with goal of popularization of Ukrainian wine.
The venue of the festival is Expocenter VDNG and timing - 11:00 - 21:00.
Kyiv Food and Wine Festival Program includes:
- Key wineries of Ukraine including 10 new ones - most of which are small family wineries
- Dairies from all corners of Ukraine - from home production to large producers
- Wine lecture hall with advanced Ukrainian winemakers and reputable wine experts
- Art pavilion: installations, paintings and other art objects
- Wine Run "Kyiv Wine Run" with prize - 3 drawers of wine
- Oyster Battle - open 5 oysters faster than everyone and set record of Ukraine
- Wine week
- Determination of the best Ukrainian wine and in addition to determining the best white, pink and red wines added the category of sparkling wines
- Each guest will receive at the entrance a glass as a gift and a brochure with the main wine rules
Kyiv Food and Wine Festival Lectures Program
May 19, 2018, Saturday
13:00 - 14:00 - Artem Kuzmenchuk, "The image of Ukrainian wine: you can not hate love"
14:00 - 15:00 - Ivan Perchekelii, "Biodynamics of winemaking"
15:00 - 16:00 - Yevgeny Kolchanov, comparative tasting "Autochthonous grape varieties of Italy"
16:00 - 17:00 - Eugene Segan, "What is the maturation of wine?"
17:00 - 18:00 - Bogdan Panchuk, "Orange wines and wines of Kvevri"
May 20, 2018, Sunday
12:00 - 13:00 - Alla Plachkova, "Not the only wine: what else can be made from grapes?"
13:00 - 14:00 - Olesya Donkovtseva, "World trends on example of Ukrainian winemaking"
14:00 - 15:00 - Oleg Kravchenko, comparative tasting of Ukrainian rose and sparkling wines
15:00 - 16:00 - Alexander Skokov, "Shabo is the center of Ukrainian wine tourism"
16:00 - 17:00 - Speaker and theme to be clarified
17:00 - 18:00 - Denis Primygi, "The real art of enogastronomy is cheese and wine!"
Organizers of Kyiv Food and Wine Festival
Kyiv Food and Wine Festival Team