Year 2017 announced as Year of Japan in Ukraine with idea of improvement of Ukrainian-Japanese relations, promote rapprochement of cultures and strengthen tourism between Ukraine and Japan.
Soon will be created Organizing Committee on preparation and holding of Year of Japan in Ukraine.
Year of Japan in Ukraine Events includes:
- Opening ceremony of Year of Japan in Ukraine
- Organizing and conducting in Ukrainian cities Days of Japanese culture, art and film, joint exhibitions of photographers of Ukraine and Japan
- Master classes of prominent Japanese businessmen and scientists
- Thematic conferences and presentations on development of investment cooperation between Ukraine and Japan
- International Conferences in cooperation with National Institute for Strategic Studies to discuss urgent problems of our time
- Themed events including conferences, seminars, round tables in secondary and higher educational institutions
- Mutual exchange of students between educational institutions of Ukraine and Japan
- Summer camps to study Japanese language and culture
- Translation in Ukrainian language and publication of books on history and culture of Japan
- Sports competitions including martial arts
- Special sightseeing Ukraine tours from Japan for Japanese tourists
- Planting of sakuras in different cities of Ukraine
Organizers of Year of Japan in Ukraine