Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine published Ukraine Transport Statistics Report 2016 of main transport branches - aviation, railway and shipping in sea ports.
Ukrainian Aviation Report
- 8,25 million passengers were transported by Ukrainian airlines (30,9% more than in 2015)
- 12,9 million passengers traffic through airports in Ukraine (20,6% more than in 2015)
- 75 000 tonnes of cargo and mail (6,2% more than in 2015)
- 43 000 tonnes of mail (25% more than in 2015)
- Five regional airports have restored their aviation service: Chernivtsi, Rivne, Krivoy Rog, Zhitomir, Vinnitsa
- Boryspil International Airport (KBP) in 2016 had passengers traffic of 8,62 million passengers with net profit of 1,4 billion UAH (around 51,9 million of US dollars)
- Lviv Danylo Halytskyi International Airport (LWO) in 2016 had passengers traffic of 738 000 (29,4% more than in 2015), 8877 regular and charter flights (23,5% more than in 2015) and new regular flight to Radom (Poland), Minsk (Belarus), Vilnius (Lithvania), Istanbul (Turkey), Kiev (Ukraine)
Ukrainian Railways Report
- 88,8 million passengers were transported by Ukrainian Railways in distant routes
- 351,9 million passengers were transported by Ukrainian Railways in commuter routes
- 24 pairs of new passenger trains
- 5 new routes of high speed trains Intercity+ and Intercity
- Ukrainian Railways net profit in 2016 is 300 million UAH (11,2 million of US dollars)
Ukrainian Shipping Report in Sea Ports
- 24% growth of container traffic
- 3 sea ports are in implementation phase of concession projects: SE "Stevedoring Company "Olvia", SE "Kherson Sea Trading Port", Railway-ferry "Sea Trading Port "Chernomorsk"
- 20 minutes from ship mooring to cargo operations
- DP World and Hutchison Ports plan to operate in Ukraine in 2017
Ukrainian Post and Parcel Service "Ukrposhta"
- 18,6 million of parcels delivered in 2016 (25,2% more than in 2015)
- 12 884 main and regional branches
- 36 hours of clearance of international parcels
State Agency of Highways of Ukraine "Ukravtodor"
- 1000 km of Ukrainian roads were reconstructed and renovated
- 15,2 billion UAH (around 563,15 million US dollars) was spent for Ukrainian roads reconstruction and renovation
- Implemented a quality control system FIDIC CoST of roads repair
Organizers of Ukraine Transport Statistics Report 2016
Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine