1st - 9th
of May 2016 will be held celebration of Lviv 760 Anniversary titled "760 years of unique stories. Tell your own one".
At this time residents, tourists and visitors of Lviv expect a full program of activities such as spiritual concert of group from Perg (Austria), thematic concerts, Easter events and many other equally interesting attractions.
Lviv 760 Anniversary Celebration Program
- April 24 - Show "Passion of Christ" in the square near Monument to Metropolitan Andriy Sheptytsky
- May 1-2 - Easter - the greatest story of all time "Easter in the Grove"
- May 2 - Wet Monday at Lviv Market Square
- May 3 - Histories of Levandivky, Rysnoho and Zboyisch
- May 6
- At 13:00 celebration of Day of St. George. The solemn session
- Performances of music groups in streets of Lviv (Market Square, Jaworski Square, Les Kurbas str., Bernardine courtyard, Brothers Rohatyntsiv str., Museum Square and others)
- Performance of spiritual orchestra of Perg city (Austria) on Lviv Market Square
- Projections of Lviv stories in arches of Town Hall. Projection mapping of stories of individual buildings
- May 7
- Festival of orchestras in Sykhiv. The orchestra of Sanok (Poland), orchestra "Domino" of Dominikovits (Poland), orchestra "Lviv fanfares"
- City march beginning at 14:00 by route Adam Mickiewicz Square - Liberty Avenue - Pamvo Berynda str. - Market Square
- Handing the keys to Lviv city and Lviv History Book. Joint implementation of anthem at Market Square at 15:00
- Street performance of theater "Resurrection" at Freedom Square at 19:00
- Bike breakfast and bike ride. Street performance of theater "Resurrection" at Piddubom str., 7b
- Performances of sports organizations near Monument to Taras Shevchenko
- Stories of Old Market "Green Rynok" - alternative area of radio Skovoroda (thematic ether)
- Concert on Lviv Market Square. Performance of dance group "Apache"
- May 8 - Day of Remembrance and Reconciliation. Ecumenical prayer
- May 9 - Inauguration of European Culture Capital in Lviv
Organizers of Lviv 760 Anniversary Celebration
Lviv City Council
Lviv City Center